News and Information"
From Our President,
Summary of President's April Message
* Your support has enabled our Council to continue and expand its positive momentum, gaining new members and strengthening our Mission support...
* The US Coast Guard is at serious risk of a 14% budget cut at a time when multiple missions are more important than ever...both Homeland Security Missions and Non-Homeland Security Missions...
* The Navy needs your help as well; more than half the Navy's aircraft are grounded because they are awaiting maintenance or need spare parts...How can our military effectively defend our country when hobbled by sequestration?...
* Go to www.navyleague.org, the Navy League's national website, then select "Advocacy" where you will find Legislative Affairs background and can choose to "Write or Call Congress" to express your feelings to our elected officials about supporting our Sea Services.
* We are a maritime nation - our Navy and Coast Guard need our support.
* For more, just click beneath the Mooring Lines photo in the right column of this page.
4/20 (Please note that this is the correct date - the President's message on page 1 of the April 2017 Mooring Lines has an incorrect date of April 16) - NLTC Dinner Meeting, 5:30 PM, dinner served @ 6:15 PM, MCPOCG Charles "Skip" Bowen, 10th Master Chief Petty Officer of USCG, "Cuttermen, Boat Forcesand Coxswains - Great Traditions of the USCG." 226+ years of USCG history.
5/1-7 - Fleet Week, Port Everglades.
5/4 - Board Meeting, Treasure Coast Navy League, Vero Beach Main Library (unless otherwise advised by email).
5/18 - Treasure Coast Navy League Scholarship Awards, last dinner meeting of this season.
For more info about each, click below the "Mooring Lines" photo in the box below.
Our next Treasure Coast Navy League event will be our April 20, 2017 Dinner: 226+ Years of U.S. Coast Guard History – 10th Master Chief Petty Officer of the U. S. Coast Guard Charles “Skip” Bowen, USCG (Ret.) “Cuttermen, Boat Forces and Coxswains- Great Traditions of Our United States Coast Guard."
Click beneath the Mooring Lines photo in the right column for more information.
For more, click onthe "Veterans' Corner" link in the left column and remember, if you have any suggestions, no matter how small, to help our Veterans, send an email to NLTreasureCoast@yahoo.com, attn: President or Webmaster.